Lattice not deforming grandchildren

I have a lattice parented to a mesh and that mesh has children. The lattice deforms the child mesh but is not recursive so as to deform the grandchildren. Is this possible or does a lattice only affect the immediate child?

Only if the grandchild is within the range of influence of the lattice, IOW within it’s clutches.

%<

They’re all in the range of the lattice. If I do transforms on the lattice in object mode, the grandchildren follow but when I put the lattice into editmode and move the vertices, only the immediate child is deformed.

Sorry, I messed up. Seems you can’t do it afterall. I must have parented them both to the lattice.

%<

Never mind Fligh %, thanks for replying. I managed to get what I wanted by just deforming the lattice in objectmode because it was a simple scaling but I think there should be an option to recursively apply the editmode lattice deformation to the mesh children. Oh well, another one for the to do list perhaps.

I could possibly have worked around it by parenting the lattice to the individual meshes and using constraints but that would take lots more time.