Launch Control! - Fun Car Rig Experiments

You are welcome!
Well, I use some flipbook sequence textures downloaded from here: https://blog.unity.com/engine-platform/free-vfx-image-sequences-flipbooks

They are CC0, so I packed them into the file - You should be able to find them in there as well. :slight_smile:

Thank you, those seem very useful. I don’t know if the files packed into the Blend file you sent, or at least if they are there for some reason they weren’t rendering out on my end.

But yeah, it would be awesome if a future version of your add-on would give the user the ability to add tire smoke and possibly even throw off dirt. I have found that even a small amount can go a long way toward adding realism to the scene.

Many thanks!

Awesome! Glad to hear that!

Arh, might have been they weren’t packed then. I think the one I used was " WispySmoke02".

And yes! The first thing we added was a skidmark generator that draws and wraps a line of skidmarks for each wheel on the ground. It’s driven by the “pressure” on each tires that LC calculates. The same way, I hope we can find cool approaches to automate a lot of this stuff. First of we will probably attack tire smoke and then later on we could add dirt and debris.

Thanks for the feedback on it! And hope you’ll have fun working with the tool.
If any other questions come up, please just ping me again - Either here, by email ([email protected]) or on BlenderMarket. :smiley:

2 Likes