Learn Blender with Flower Sprayer Project

This is my first post on blenderartists.org and I am looking forward to share my content and learn on this site.
After watching many tutorials on Youtube I though it is time to start a little Flower Sprayer project in order to learn Blender.

This is my first render.

Going forward I like to add water droplets spraying out of the bottle on a flower. I still need to figure out how to do it but once I got it I will share the result.

If you have any comments or suggestions on the current render or the water droplets than please let me know.SaveSave

I think you’re doing a nice job on it so far. The hard surface modeling and edge loops seem to be shading pretty well. One idea I had for the water droplets is to try using Metaballs for the modeling. I’ve had pretty good results making water droplets with them with the way they combine with each other when close together. Just a small tip if you do use them and you end up needing a higher resolution for the view settings than the slider allows, if you manually put in a value smaller than the limit, you can get around the slider’s range and it will let you go smaller.

For the actual spraying out of the bottle, something that could work might be to model a cone type shape for the bounds of the spray, then use an Emmiter Particle system set to Volume to easily get random water droplets coming out. You may have to refine things a bit by deleting some particles and changing the shape of the cone to get it the way you want, but it might be a start at least. The image below shows an example of this with the particle settings I used circled.

Hope the rest of it goes well!

Awesome, thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion on how to realise the water droplets. The Shape of the cone was absolutely something I was looking for. I will give it a try and post an update soon.

You’re very welcome! Hopefully some part of it works out for you :slight_smile:

Fresnel is wellcome
3dwolf.weebly.com/materials.html