Lebenskampf Promotion video ~ 20seconds

Hi! I’m Philip dos Santos Galvao. I’m trying to start a clothing brand about life and I’m looking for a blender artist with medium experience who is willing to bring my vision to life.

I don’t have any experience with how this all works or which specific skills you need to bring my vision to life, so for you to get an idea of what I want, ill try to describe it. Basically I have 1type of hoodie with a big embroidered design on the back. I want you to make a promotion video of a person wearing the hoodie. starting from high in the sky moving the ‘‘camera’’ through a forest like scene zooming in on this persons hoodie . Then the person wearing the hoodie turns around and a creature comes flying out its eye towards the camera, where then the video ends.

1. Are you a company or individual? I have a proprietorship. So I work by myself lebenskampf.com is my website if you want to get an idea of my vibe/style.

2. What kind of designer are you looking for? Experience level, special skills, etc
    Yeah I have no idea at all what would be considered medium or expertly skilled. But I thing medium experience should suffice.

3. What is the deadline?
    Idealy within 2 weeks, but since I don’t have a clue how long these things usually take maybe a month?

4. Description of the project. It is best to be clear on what you expect the final project to look like, this will attract higher level designers
    Description is above^

5. What is the budget? This is not obligatory, but it helps a little information, like whether this is for entry level or veteran designer.
    Uhm Yeah I don’t know what is an ok price, but I’m just a normal person working a normal job. So I think 200 euro’s would be my maximum? If it is way to low please let me know.

2 Likes

Hello @Lebenskampf.
I think the project is not defined enough, from my perspective you have two options:

1.Try to make some kind of storyboard or concept art to illustrate what you need. You can also hire somebody to do this. Once you have that people will understand your idea and it will be easier to estimate everything.

1. Hire a company/individual that can handle the entire process, from storyboard to the final result. Keep in mind that this kind of projects require different skills and, while some people are have very generalist profiles, not everybody can perform all the tasks (storyboard, animatica, modelling, rigging, animation, texturing, lookdev, compositing…).

Also keep in mind that the style and level of detail of the video can change things completely (even the budget).

I hope you found my post helpful.

2 Likes

Hello @Lebenskampf

I like your spirit! Solo person trying to start a business on a budget. So I really hate to rain on your parade, as the saying goes, but I’m going to be blunt with you.

I think 10 seconds of 3D cgi work is about $1000, from what I have seen. Big budget films spend more, smaller productions spend less.

I get your vision of what you want.

Camera flys into the character, the character turns around. The creature flying out of the eye is strange, but any way. What’s the look here? What type of look are you wanting? Photo realistic, or 2D cartoon look?

Photo realistic = big money
2D = less money

Would be cool to maybe have a mascot, a character that shows new garments as you create them.

Just some random thoughts…
Randy

4 Likes

This topic can be closed. I have gotten wonderfull reactions from a lot of people and have decided who I want to work with!

Kind regards,
Philip dos Santos Galvao