Leica TL2

During a period when I was trying to create a new sample work and also learn NURBS modeling software alongside a better rendering engine, I told myself to kill two birds with one stone.

What you see here is a Leica TL2 camera, a cool camera with a modern and beautiful design yet very simple. If I were to buy a camera, this would definitely be my first choice.

I decided it’s best to choose this cool camera for learning NURBS modeling. My first step with NURBS!

For modeling this model, I used the software ‘Plasticity.’ It was an interesting and excellent experience. The logic of NURBS modeling is quite different from mesh modeling, but Plasticity has made it very smooth, so I will certainly use Plasticity for final modeling in my other projects.

Alongside that, I also learned the LuxCore render engine. I can say it’s fantastic. It calculates light in the best way possible and delivers very natural results, especially for rendering glass.

7 Likes

Great job! :+1:

Only comment I have is that you need to up the roughness on the surface finish by quite a bit.

2 Likes

Gorgeous work on this Leica camera model. Enticing Luxcore-render. Can you say more about your experience with Plasticity? I’m also thinking of using it; as my focus is product-modelling. How was it to work with Plasticity vs Blender? Is Plasticity bug-free? Were you using it on Linux? Thanks!

1 Like

thx bud yeah as I said it is very handy and it is not like other nurbs modeling software if I want to compare it to Blender just in 3d modeling not even material or render, etc because it doesn’t have these things
just in 3d modeling, it’s fantastic as you expect from a nurbs model software result is very clean and during this time I worked with Plasticity i had some black screens but was very normal like Blender crashes and I use it on Windows.

1 Like

I’ve been doing a similar thing except with fusion, have you used it? If so how would you compare plasticity? If not, can you tell me some pros/cons with plasticity?
Sorry for all the questions, I’m just interested in using other software.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

I haven’t used Fusion, but I suggest you try Plasticity because it doesn’t take long to learn it .