Lenovo Legion 5 Pro for Blender?

Hey guys! I’m not completely sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I’ll try. If not, then sorry and mods can delete!

I’m getting back to Blender again, and need a computer for it. For convenience and other work it has to be a laptop. Money is tight, so I’m trying to find a nice balance with affordability and decent performance that also hopefully carries on for at least a few years. So not too old graphics cards and whatnot. Also decent build quality would be nice.

I have now found the following offer:

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

i7 12700H

RTX 3070 TI

16gb ram / 16" WQXGA IPS / 1x 1TB m.v2 / Windows 11

This is good condition, still has warranty until October this year.

Price is 900€.

Would this be a good candidate for Blender? I have tried to research cpus, gpus, and all that, but it is hard to get a decent overall impression of combination of things.

Any feedback is highly appreciated! Also if you have some other killer ideas for good laptop options, or in general what specs I should be hunting after, please share :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you guys in advance!

I think in general it’s a good laptop for that budget. Lenovo’s Legions are very well-built and this one should have both RAM slots available if you want to increase the memory, and I think you should, the more you can get to the better. I’d go to at least 32GB, but 64GB would be great too. Check out the really useful Legion discord server for a lot of guides on the better performing graphics drivers and ways to get the most out of the GPU. I’d recommend also overclocking the GPU from Lenovo Vantage or the Legion toolkit. It’s safe and it does increase performance quite a bit.

I think for this budget, an RTX 3070 Ti Laptop is a pretty good GPU. An RTX 4060 or 4070 would be slightly faster, but you’d certainly go beyond 1000€. If it’s in good conditions, it’ll work well :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the tips! :slight_smile:

1 Like