Lens-flare Shader for Cycles with real time preview.

Very nice . first time i every got one of these to work . thank’s

Thanks for script :slight_smile:
Please, can you check if script works correctly for 2.7 and newer builds?
Instead of hexagon shape I got sharp circles.
Seems like textures are not used by script.
Thanks for help
(I tried to reconnect them too.)

Hi vklidu,

Sorry for the slow reply - I just saw this.
I tried running the Lens flare flle from Blendswap in Blender 2.71 and it worked OK.

You’ve probably tried this, but things to check are that:

• The “spotsImageMix” input is greater than zero (e.g. Set to 1)
    This input is about the 9th from the bottom of the shader.

Setting to 1 will force the lens flare shader to only use the hexagonal textures supplies with the download.
    Setting to 0.5 will force the shader to mix the supplied textures with the round synthesised flares/spots.

• Check that the paths to the textures are OK. e.g. //textures/flares/hexDisk.png

• Check that the actual textures are there!

If all else fails – please send me a link to your blend file and I can have a look (e.g. on Pasteall)

I’ve been working on a couple of shaders over the last year – and am inching closer to releasing the next one.
After that - I want to update this lensflare shader to automate the adding of drivers and also include automated lensflare occlusion.

Thanks for reply, I will check it … and nice to hear you work on improvements. Thank you :slight_smile:

The ‘Empty’ visible at the top right may be moved to change the position of the lens flare - the resulting image can be seen to update in the 3D viewport in real time.