Let's give Blender another chance, part II

Ok, I’m blown away! I’ve been using Blender 2.80 for about two weeks now, a few hours per day, and I have to say, there are some really really cool features in Blender. The actions and shape keys editors are an awesome way to transfer animation from one model to another. It’s soooooo much simpler than Maya! Creating shape keys is also very easy. Drivers are easy to setup too. These are all points that make Maya look like a dinosaur, with an old workflow, a slow ineffective interface and all. And I’ve been using Maya for 22 years! Blender is refreshing. The more I use it the more I like it.

7 Likes

Yeah, I just saw the improvements they made to setting up drivers. It is more pleasent now than in older versions.
But I think drivers are best replaced by a node based system.

You know, I struggle when I drop back to 2.79 to work on current projects, I am finding so many handy changes in 2.80 and kudos to the developers of HardOps, DecalMachine et al for jumping in so early to develop on 2.80 as those addons are flat out FUN in 2.80. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that will come eventually, once the everything nodes project gets fully implemented and much more…exciting times ahead.

1 Like