Let's suggest a name for Everything Node project to the dev

Thanks. It does seem that the answer to this is fairly simple. Let’s see what they do.

I made up my mind and now I think it should really be called ‘Nodey McNodeface’ (it’s actually kind of surprising noone came up with this one already).

greetings, Kologe

2 Likes

As a former Luxology user I would suggest ‘nodo’ :grin:

Xsi ICE in Blender —> Frappe

2 Likes

Yeah. Just call it that. And don’t explain. Let people figure it out… lol

Frappe Rigging
Frappe Modeling
Frappe Constraints

Is this a reference to something ?

Creative names aren’t a good thing. We should actually strive to remove them, not to introduce new ones. For example I am still a bit pissed about Blender’s PBR viewport being name Eevee. Aside from it being really annoying to type, when a new user sees that Blender has “Eevee”, they first need to Google what that means before they actually know what it is. And the answer it… it’s just a PBR viewport renderer. So it could have been just named a realtime renderer, or PBR viewport, whatever.

Same applies to all other aspects. All these creative names do is add one necessary Google search for anyone unfamiliar with the product just to literally decrypt the name intto common, plain language.

On the other hand unique names make it very easy to find stuff about it with search engines.

Yes, for sure.
I’ll take 3.