Leviathan Frost Axe

Created the Leviathan Frost Axe from God of War (2018) using Blender and Substance Painter for the materials/textures.
Soundtrack used is “God of War main theme” by Bear McCreary.
Probably went too overly dramatic for the video but I really wanted to match up with that ominous OST xD

This emission was achieved by adding a shader to the curves that I had used to infact sculpt the inscriptions on the blade.

This was my very first attempt at sculpting, I had familiarized myself with it in the past, but the first time actually sculpting something for a final product.

The rune slots have a simple blender shader here too. It’s just an emission with some noise and wave textures having their positions changing.

None of this is sculpted, they’re just curves and those cubes were set to follow a path. I then baked this detail down to the low poly mesh in substance painter.

I was contemplating whether or not to bake the wraps into the mesh itself but I wanted those bumps on the edges of the axe’s handle brought on by the wraps. These are meshes created from a Helix curve (blender’s default add-on)

This was the Low Poly Clay model that is used in the renders.

The high poly sculpt that was used by Substance to bake down the detail

Final Eevee Render

12 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Woah thank you so much!

1 Like