Life Is Not a Game (Blender+Yafray);Updated with HDRI render

Robert,
As always, you produce some of the most evocative, yet visually stunning, works I’ve seen. I absolutely love this picture. You show brilliance in the variations in poses and expressions with the individual ‘peices’.

I can’t say I like the HDRI image any better or worse than the original. The only thing that feels out of place is the fallen ‘peice’. I don’t understand why it appears to be melting through the floor instead of resting upon it. Could you explain this for me?

Keep up the inspiring work, man.
-Paul

Wow thanks for the extended feedback on this :slight_smile: It’s exciting to know an image can connect with people like this.

Without rooting this work in one particular interpretation, I would probably suggest the board is metaphorical and the position of the fallen piece might have some connection with transcending and/or something surrealistic :wink:

I am working on a lot of new stuff, so stay tuned :wink:

RobertT

A nice piece Robertt. Lots emotion in the faces, not always the easiest thing to do in 3D.

The specular levels are a tad high for my taste, but I think they add to the image as a whole, rather than make it look bad. (Hope you understand my meaning)

Excellent work as always my friend.

Sonix.