Light tree - light leaking

I used light tree on an interior project with many lights, got mostly good results with lot strong light spots etc. However It may be an error or problem, some lights leak through walls. Especially noticed that on lights using IES or Emission surfaces.
I tried to manipulated that result with the settings below, but it didn’t improve anything.
Anyone got some experience to share here?

Are there some images that didn’t upload? I can think of very few times I have seen light leaks in Cycles, so I am curious about what your scene looks like.

sorry no, To complex. Basically light spots that appear where they shouldn’t and be gone with the feature turned odd, or the lights in other rooms.

Are the walls solidified? I have seen light leaking with walls that are just a plane.

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s more about distance to the light. A bit like anything below 20 cm from the wall leaks through. I checked the radius of lights etc. All fine. Has hoped there is some control over the precision or distance.

Did you set the size of the lighting settings to 0 or close to 0?
For IES, increasing the Size value to create soft shadows can be problematic

1 Like

IES. Could be a reason. IES have no soft shadow option in Cycles. So, some are set to a radius in the scene. I try to change them and check what happens.

1 Like

Ok I checked IES lights and Radius and Falloff of light. I ended up in having set all lights to standard spotlights with no falloff and radius, still got the problem. I also set geometry inbetween the walls to make sure not light leaks. No chance. Sadly I can’t send the scene in, so they can look into the bug.

If you can’t send the scene, could you instead make a stripped version of it, where irrelevant objects and textures have been deleted? You could then get the simplest scene that produces the issue without having to put the project on the Internet.