Lightflow again...

Hi,

here’s another image made with Blender + LightFlow

http://www.selleri.org/Blender/images/LFpoly.jpg

I’m getting better, this time rendering took only 2h…

Stefano

holy shit!

damn, that looks cool!

So, anything that feels alive and not just a “Look what my renderer can do” image coming up soon?

Hehe…

looks like someone is really in the need to spice up this forum…

Stefano

I think this more a "look at what I cando"pic:D

it’s still very nice though!

real nice image!

maybe someone should mix “see what my renderer can do”
with "OMG jaw drops GREAT MODELING AND TEXTURING! "
:slight_smile:

@ndy
http://www.artificial3d.cjb.net/

P.S.

if you want to know this is done all within blender… eeshlo has almost finished the new version of the LightFlow export script, and now Lightflow is completely hidden to the user :smiley:

stay tuned

Stefano

Looking forward to trying that out, it should be a great tool, since it is kind of a pain now.

I WANT THAT SCRIPT! assuming that it handles materials better than the other script (which required a lot of tweaking to the LF source to make it look good, as I understand)

I am sure that some of you will still be unable to get it to work, and no, materials are still done using the name extensions. A lot of the required Blender material parameters are simply not available in the current python API (or even in Publisher).
So it really is not all that improved much, the only thing that makes things a bit easier is the GUI by S68

I wish I have the time and knowledge for doing at least these kind of “see_what_I_can_do” pics. Since Lightflowing in Blender isn’t as simple as you apparently suggest, I have to admit Stefano is making great progress with his skills.

Do YOU have a “tears and joy and make me cry” image to share with us or just acid comments ? You know “comments” are just too easy to render.

Greetings.

malefico.

malefico wrote:

“I wish I have the time and knowledge for doing at least these kind of “see_what_I_can_do” pics. Since Lightflowing in Blender isn’t as simple as you apparently suggest, I have to admit Stefano is making great progress with his skills.”

I don’t think macke suggested that it was easy at all. In fact, I think he was hinting at (sorry if this is not what you were hinting at macke, it’s just a guess since I have the same thought when I see these images) the fact that, while Lightflow and other independant renderers are exceptional, using them with Blender to achieve anything other than simple scenes is NOT easy. In fact, it’s ridiculously demanding relative to using the built in renderer. Material/texture support is minimal, making it a real chore to texture anything remotely complex.

“Do YOU have a “tears and joy and make me cry” image to share with us or just acid comments ? You know “comments” are just too easy to render.”

See above. I don’t think “anyone” has anything like that using Blender and an independant renderer. I have seen lots of Cornell cubes, some caustics etc… Other than dotblend’s “ring” images (which are nice) I don’t recall seeing anything other than “flashy” but essentially very simple scenes with cubes, spheres and other geometry textured with plain materials done with Blender and an independant renderer. This is not meant as a shot at those who are making these images. It’s just a reflection of the state of the current exporters and the amount of work involved in texturing complex exported scenes. Personally, I gave up trying to use Lightflow, Virtualight, BMRT etc… with Blender and the current crop of exporters. My sanity was just too valuable to me.

SatoriGFX.

Bingo.

All right then. I might have drinked too much coffee. :-?

cheers.

malefico

all in all its a great pic! just kinda…blah… nice scene, just, plain…2 hours to render? really? thats crazy kid