Lightflow : now I'm really depri !!!

Grrr, I’m really mad now, this render has taken about 80 hours i think, and this is what came from it.

http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/mislukking.html

Some stats :

5 * 3 00:13:42
10 * 7 00:26:24
20 * 15 00:26:35
40 * 30 00:24:45
80 * 60 00:59:45
160 * 120 03:49:45
320 * 240 14:52:26
640 * 480 about 62:00:00

lightflow users will certainly recognise this.
the .py file is included in the link if you want to take a look at it.

grrr :x

-hans-

:o :o :o

No, I don’t recognize it and neither can I guess why il looks like someone had is throath cut on that table…

The python file too doesn’t help me in understanding… what where you expecting, exactly as a result?

Stefano

The python file too doesn’t help me in understanding… what where you expecting, exactly as a result?

I was expecting to see a typical caustics pattern you see with rings. But I have no clue at all where the red comes from. There are no red lamps, no red materials,…

It seems you still use the old script. You might want to try the last version (although there is another one coming soon), at least you can separately enable/disable caustics and radiosity. You could have tried some preview renders first. Try the last version of the script and only enable caustics to see if you get any difference, it should also be quite a bit faster, unless of course you have given up on Lightflow…

It seems you still use the old script. You might want to try the last version (although there is another one coming soon), at least you can separately enable/disable caustics and radiosity. You could have tried some preview renders first. Try the last version of the script and only enable caustics to see if you get any difference, it should also be quite a bit faster, unless of course you have given up on Lightflow…

Yeah, I still use the old script, but I’m gonna wait for the new version to update.
Of course, because of this one stupid thingie, I haven’t given up on LF yet.

thanks

-hans-

I don’t know, but here is a guess.

Does the ring itself have a red tint to it. It looks to me that the light hit the rings and refracted all over the place, including into the camera. Thr red seems to be the brightest around the rings.

That stinks that it took 80 hours to see that you need to re-render. :frowning: