Lighthouse

Hi,
I would like to recreate the scene of a lighthouse on the rocks with a wave breaking against it.
Let’s start modeling
If you have any advice and suggestions, especially regarding how to create rocks and the wave, I’d really like to hear your comments! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Upgrade…

1 Like

Added the lantern room.
Next step… the fresnel lens.

2 Likes

The Fresnel Lens!
Do you like it?
Ok, lets start with materials!

2 Likes

Let’s give the model a little life: D

I want the lighthouse looks not new but still well maintained. So I start with basic materials and add some imperfections and slight variations.

These are views of the EEVEE viewport. What do you think?

3 Likes

Cycles and EEVEE Viewport.
Apparently EEVEE doesn’t show glass through another glass correctly. I guess there is a workaround for that.
Anyway this is not a big problem as the final work will be rendered in Cycles.

2 Likes

Ok, next step …
I placed the lighthouse on a small islet with some rocks here and there, added a sandy bottom and worked a little on the water shader.
What do you think? Maybe I have to make the base of the islet a little more jagged.
At this point I need the wave! Any Ideas?

2 Likes

How does a person get into the lighthouse?

Swimming to the small islet and entering the back door, I suppose. :upside_down_face:

I did some tests with the fluid simulation but, after taking up 160GB by baking only 5 seconds of animation at a rather low resolution, I thought I would try some other way! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This is a test with the Ocean modifier (EEVEE viewport)

2 Likes

The sea is now more rough.
For the color of the lighthouse, I am a bit undecided whether to leave it white or do it with red and white stripes. What do you think?

I added a bit of dirt in some places on the lighthouse, improved the material of the islet and rocks by also adding a dark-wet effect near the water.
Finally I added some clouds.
This is Blender3D’s Cycles viewport.
What do you think?

Adding some detail to the scene…

2 Likes

Here we are at the end of the project! :checkered_flag::grinning:
There have been some changes along the way but … that’s the way it is!
Hope you like it!

4 Likes

It was awesome.
By seeing the pics of the intermediate states of the project, I got some help too.
Thank you for this and have a nice day

Happy to hear it was useful ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: