Like Java? Here is a Pic...

Well meetstaplu here is what I have so far in the re-make. I guess WIP is a more proper forum but this thread is already started. Here is the url

http://home.att.net/~j.yount/java_two.jpg

That’s considerably more advanced than what I have right now…uh…I don’t drink much coffee so I am not so quick at doing realism in that area. I’m working on doing the steam in LF, so it might be a couple of days.

The scene is looking quite nice right now, but I’m not too sure about the handle. It looks like it’s connected to the cup at two lines. I like the texture, though. Where did you get the flower design? I looked for two hours on the Google image search (nope, no texture CDs here) and found something that looks OK, but nothing like that.

meestaplu: Sorry man, I forgot I never posted the pic for the cup. You can now find it here http://home.att.net/~j.yount/Java_Flowers.jpg
It’s off the Corel PAINT 8 not 9 or 10 CD like I was looking in. :slight_smile: silly me.
Yes your correct the cup handles need some work they are way too thin where they meet the cup. Probably be the last thing I do. Or I could be lazy and use the same camera angle as the first scene and the handles would go un noticed. I dont know Expresso would be easier to do… smaller cups and any black oil Procedural texture would work for it.
Well I’m anxious to see the steam from Lightflow it’s going to be great. I cannot wait for the new export script. I refuse to learn the first version this late in the game when the second is so close to release. Anyhow… Please post updat when you have it. I cant wait.[/quote]

Well, here’s the Blender version of my pic so far: It’s nowhere near done as I did not have enough time to work on the background texturing, environment mapping, etc.

http://www.geocities.com/zerog_studios/java.jpg

(Drag and drop is fun…) :-?

It will take a while to figure out how to do good steam in LF, but it will look excellent when it’s done.

Looks very Sweet so far. Is their actually steam in the scene yet or not. It’s hard to say because I had trouble with the curtain being the same colour as the steam. If everything wasnt just right, the steam was hardly noticed. Your scene is looking very good though.

Well, there’s no steam in that one. I had a bit of a problem with the steam particle system looking like the smoke plume of a forest fire, so I moved it off to another layer. I haven’t had too much time to work on it since - hopefully the weekend will bring some more time and some more results ( <- wow, that’s cheesy). I’ll probably post something on Sunday or Monday, maybe even a Lightflow result.

i think your dude stuck in the tube is really cool!

Thanks dickie, the dude is actually suppose to be an alian but in order to see that maybe needing a bit more know- how. :slight_smile:

me too likes coffe cup most!

Really nice,

Stefano

R U sure that this = Ur 1st project??

Bcause it = beautifull

Maybe the way I worded my post mis-led you somehow. This picture is no way my first project. :slight_smile: It is however ONE of my first. When I started Blender I spent a lot of time just tinkering with the menus trying to figure them all out before I did ANY kind of real project, but no…not my first one.
Blend On…

Very good, you should remove that glass thing in the sitting room.jpg It bugs me a bit since everything else looks realistic and glass is not.

Just a suggestion, but keep up your great work! :slight_smile:

Which glass thing are you refering to? The one that absolutely bugs the piss out of me when I looked back on it is not the pink glass vase so much as that damn salt shaker. Or really bad attempt at a salt shaker. I dunno the vase had to be for the occassion. The salt shaker NEEDS to now be removed. Originally before the addition of a million lights the salt shaker actually looked sorta sweet. Anyhow thanks for the Kudos…