Likeness Study

Hello everyone, Here’s a likeness portrait I did for a friend.

Though I couldn’t nail the look I’m pretty happy with this so far.

Tips and critiques are welcome😁!

10 Likes

Hi,
the result seems to me rather pleasant and credible overall, regarding the similarity I notice some imperfections, perhaps partly due to the different focal lengths, I don’t know.
Anyway, here’s what I mean:

the face in the original appears more square than oval, the nose is thinner in the middle and the eyes slightly closer and smaller.
Neverthless I really like the style, realistic but not in an exaggerated way, it is pleasing to the eye!

1 Like

I’ve noted all your suggestions. Thanks for the compliment.

Structurally, it’s all there, but as noted, it’s a matter of proportions and the Canons of the human body. The biggest thing that pops out at me is that the eyes are too far apart - they are usually (on a normal person) about one eye-width apart. If you were to correct that, it would probably fix the issue with the bridge of the nose being too wide as well - and would probably get you a lot closer to the likeness you are after. The forehead is much smaller on your sculpt than the reference, and is more rectangular in shape than tapered. Lips are narrower on the sculpt as well - which would be fine if you were going for a characature of the person. Again, it stands on it’s own, but you’ll probably want to massage your sculpt if you’re wanting more of a likeness :slight_smile: Still, nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right Joe. Thank you.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks. :hugs::hugs::hugs:
It just made my day :grin::grin:

1 Like