Lilac WIP

This is lilac is a bunny character I’m working on, or more spesifcaly I’m working on giving her fur and clothes.
any tips and critiques are much appreciated

6 Likes

Very nice…

1 Like

Looks like a good start.
Are you using the new Principled Hair BSDF from Blender 2.8 ?

1 Like

yup, tho I’m working in the newest 1.79 build, since it’s more stable

I guess you meant 2.79.
2.8 is still going to change before release but it’s kinda stable in terms of bugs and crashes by now.

yeah, I was actually suprised at how stable 2.8 was while making the dragon, but when I started lilac 2.8 wasn’t stable at all so I’m more familliar with working on her in the 2.79 interface, and 2.8 keeps changing

Maybe 2.8 can at least be used for rendering, since it’s the final process and Cycles has had many improvements (particularly the Principled hair in this case)?

the newest 2.79 build has all the new cycles stuff. principled hair and volume, cryptomattes, etc.
but I’m concidering moving this projecr over to 2.8 as I’m getting more comfortable with it

I forgot to mention, I have a realy quick turntable of her, actually more recent than the render above

I’m now working on her pants

critiques much apreciated

ignore the wierd things happening at the arms, the renderfarm piced up the detail hairs on the arm bandages, but not the bandages themselves

here’s the top so far

more fur thoughts on the chest and arms so far?

hard to say under such low and uniform lighting conditions.

hmm, true, I’ll render it with a few different hdrs and lights

hand floof is starting to be a thing

and leg fur

Why are the ears down?

for one, it’s part of her desighn, she cant lift her ears, also, rigging is hard, especially ears that have to be able to stand up and turn in all diractions

I have started on the feets

I have a layer of fur everywere now