Link from the Legend of Zelda

I made Link from the Legend of Zelda.
I keep studying.
This time, it felt a little hard to complete.
But blender 3D is very fun
I really want to make an animation with my character next year.
But I have so much left to learn.:blush::slightly_smiling_face:

53 Likes

Awesome work! It’s looks like the BotW Link but with just a touch of TP/SS art style. You did a really good job! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you. I have to study more. There’s still a lot to learn. :laughing::grinning:

2 Likes

Very accomplished & appealing elphine warrior; good work!
Some day, learn about the real woman Zelda Fitzgerald (wife of novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald); she was a mega-talented & courageous artist & writer, her life colorful, dramatic & tragic.
As you continue to master 3D modeling, an animation, even an interactive game, about her, could be very powerful - I would look forward to it.
Your present Zelda personage, however, is worth anticipating “in motion.”
Your presenting her in, so to speak, the style of an Anime being, is convincing; what is even better, to me, is your more subtle & life-like capture of lighting, cloth, leather & metal - it makes me want to think of her as real (!).
The transition from her face into the lips is very refined; no exagerated or rubbery form - sweet & thoughtful, expression for a determined warrior.
Do more.

1 Like

a very grateful , and thanks comment
There are still so many things I need to learn.
I am sometimes afraid of learn.
Some failures can be very disappointing.
But I will continue to study and improve.

I tried to make it pretty with the ‘Link’ character.
As a result, the link was made a little feminine.
This is my fault.

Here’s a little bit of animation.
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awcsd5SbAXQ&t=179s
i’ve tested the animation by legging facial expressions.

It felt very difficult.
I am recently interested in the facial motion capture called ‘iclone 7’.
I wish I could play the character that I made.

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

2 Likes

This is really great, the rig is awezome too. Nice work!

1 Like

Feels like a cross between a pixar-like style and manga. Good job!

2 Likes

Love this work you made. Really beautiful. The hair rig makes wanna see that hair in motion xD

1 Like

Nice work. I just happen to be wearing a Legend of Zelda BOTW shirt right now.

1 Like

thank you~ :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you~
I have to keep studying.

thanks~~ i like pixar and Disney style~~

1 Like

Thank you~
I made my hair using Curve.
I tried Curve for the first time, but I felt it was a very powerful tool.

I have lost interest in games since a few years ago, but Zelda BOTW impressed me very much. :hushed::open_mouth:

1 Like

Wow, this is amazing congratulations! I have some questions though, if I may… Did you use image textures somewhere or is everything hand painted? I am especially curious about the clothes and the leather thing for the sword. The skin is beautiful and also the hair. Congrats again!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you were attempting to make link appear feminine, I would say you nailed it. However, if it was unintentional, there are some things you can tweak to get a more masculine result. I’d say, start with the lips. Making the lips match the cheek skin tone is a good starting point. Link has a pretty bland expression overall, and his mouth is usually in a neutral state. Reducing the height of the lips and widening them slightly would help. Increasing the size of the nose, or giving it a more rigid style as opposed to a sleek, slender style, would help increase the masculinity. Link usually has narrow, pointy eyes. The eyes on your link are round. Try tweaking the jaw line, and this tends to depend on what age you’re trying to make him. If you’re going for early adult / adult link… there should be a slightly rigid jawline. Otherwise, this version of link looks like a kid. There are also some small gains you can make with the hair. Furling it upwards at the tips, and giving the hair some rigidity in areas would help add a masculine touch.

Otherwise, looks great. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good modelling.

1 Like

thank you~. texture is i use substance painter