Link geometry nodes to another scene

I’m trying to link this collection to another blender, but it doesn’t work

Is it possible to link nodes from one scene to another or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum !

It’s a bit unclear what you’re trying to achieve… can you explain it a bit better,
the screenshot isn’t very self explanatory either.

You can think of geometry nodes as any other modifiers but on steroids,
The possibilities and limitations of blender’s modifiers are the same for geo nodes.

So yes, once a modifier is on an object, you should be able to do whatever you want with that object and link it to another sense. If that makes sense.
But once it’s linked, as in “linked from another file”, you can’t access it’s parameters anymore since it’s linked.

1 Like

I made a scene where I have a plantation created with a geometry node, when I open another blender and try to link the blender file collection in with that geometry node, the objects do not appear in the viewport or even in the render, thank you for your support!

1 Like

Hello !
It’s hard to tell what’s wrong, but to me it’s very unlikely that it’s related to geometry nodes.
Is your object showing up in the linked scene without any modifiers ?

1 Like

I find the cause of the problem, it seems to be a bug.

At some point I moved the main scene with the geometry node, that was a plantation, to another folder, this project has a link from a plant object, which ended up getting lost.
The interesting thing is that I opened this scene and the linked worked normally, even with the broken link, so I didn’t realize that the link had been lost. So, when I tried to link this main scene to a new one, it didn’t work, after I relocated the link plant object on a main project, the link worked normally. thanks

1 Like