Linked object and Separation operation

Hello.

Let’s assume that you have 2 object linked with objdata.

I want to separate some part of the two in the same time. That is that I edit one, separate some vertices (using P key), and this give me a new objet. But this erases the corresponding vertices in the second object without creating the corresponding object.

Is it possible to separate a part of linked object in one operation, or do I have to make them single user of the ObjData and separate the choosen part in all of them and then link them again?

Thank you.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean but if you’re losing verticies when you seperate an object, try duplicating it first by going into edit mode, selecting the vertices you want seperated and then pressing Shift+D. Then sperate those vertices with ‘P’, then go back into the original mesh and delet the vertices that you don’t want.

I hope that wasn’t too confusing.

It seems that my first post wasn’t very clear. I understand who you are suggesting but that is not exactly what I want.

Let’s say that you have 2 objects: Ob1 and Ob2 which are linked.

I want to cut each in two objects: Ob1.1, Ob1.2 and Ob2.1, Ob2.2, for example cut 2 spheres into 4 hemishperes.

I want that Ob1.1 and Ob2.1 to be linked and the same for Ob1.2 and Ob2.2.

If I edit Ob1, select the vertices corresponding to 0b1.2 and use the P key, I obtain Ob1.1 (which is in fact the remaining vertices of Ob1) and Ob1.2 as I wanted, but now Ob2 lost the vertices corresponding to Ob2.2 (since it is linked to Ob1) but Ob2.2 is not created.

In the case of the 2 spheres, You only obtain 3 hemispheres, but not four.

I’m not sure if it is more clear… :expressionless: