Linna's hardsuit from BGC

Another ‘low poly’ game model I did in about 2 days of modelling and 1 day of unwrapping/texturing. It’s Linna’s hardsuit from Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. I set a 4000 poly limit and managed to just make it under with 3964. I used 3 1024x1024 maps for diffuse/spec/bump.

And wire:

2 Likes

wow thats pretty cool i like it

Very nicely done.

BgDM

That would be a great basis for something like a 3rd-person adventure type bublegum crisis game.

Are you working on the other hardsuits as well?

Awesome job! :smiley:
The texture work is really good.

I’m working on a high poly Priss suit from the older show,but yours looks really good.Are you going to rig it for posing or animation?

The ribbons would look cool with soft bodys.

bloody fantastic =D really got the style and proportions + lighting all very crisp

low poly but it could very easily be hgih detail =)

congrats =D

Very cool. Posture and proportion seems very good.

That is very, very good work, and the anime was cool too :slight_smile:

Nothing to crit.

Mystery

Great job!! Do you plan to do more from the series?

I used 3 1024x1024 maps for diffuse/spec/bump.

How would it look if it was 512x512 sized textures? Would there be a big difference?!?

Looks awesome, but the texture sizes seems to be to big for that kind of character.

Like it a lot!

Very vell done for that polycount!

The only thing I dont like about it is the choices of colours.

Would be nice to see this posed and maybe yafray rendered.

looks perfect.

(maybe the visor hue really distracts a bit)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

noxioux: I might make the others but not right now, I need to practice some other styles.

RONIN: I’ll probably rig it some time for a few poses but I doubt I’ll animate much more then a run/walk cycle.

Khnum: Maybe, but not for a while.

bigbad: Here’s a render with 512 textures, not really any difference except losing some crispness which wouldn’t be noticeable in a game. I basically used 1024 because I was too lazy to resize.

jarkkopoika: The colours are the actual colours of the character (maybe a bit more saturated) Heres a render with some different colours though.

bigbad: Here’s a render with 512 textures, not really any difference except losing some crispness which wouldn’t be noticeable in a game. I basically used 1024 because I was too lazy to resize.

I don’t see it? You forgot to post it :slight_smile:

It’s the alternative colour one, I can render it with the original colours in 512x512 if you really want…

Couldn’t tell the difference. :slight_smile:

Looks great. Very hot for a bot. :stuck_out_tongue:

i made priss… or tried i spent like 2 weeks on it was my first ever 3d modeling experience. Mine is low poly and has 1246 faces. I made it from a cube that i mirrored

this topic might be dead by now but ill post a screen shot anyway. I’m proud of my work but i am disappointed when i look at someone else work that 1million times better then mine and they spent way less time.

if you do come back and look at this i would like to know how you made your model did you eye ball everything or did you use a reference if you did use a reference where did you get it?

Amazing work! You should make a tutorial one day so we could learn how you do it. :slight_smile:

yes please you need to make a tutorial its extremely hard to find a good tutorial on tincturing and making normals for a texture

I would love to learn to make models like that