Linux DivX solutions....

Hi…

I wanted to share this with others…

I was trying to find a good Divx player for Linux (the official divx 2.0 alpha player for linux from divx.com is unstable and really sucks… :x )… So I checked the divx.com forums and came accross this nice program called MPlayer…

You can get it from:

http://mirrors.sctpc.com/dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/

binaries along with source code included there…

So far they say it’s the best divx player, along with xine and guess what!!! It comes along with a nice divx encoder called mencoder… They said at the forum that it is 3 times faster than transcode!!!

I allready downloaded the thing and I’m gonna give it a few tests and see what is doing…

One thing though… I tried to view some divx animations I did and it seems that it works best if you use the vidix drivers (if you don’t, you may experience some unexpected resaults… I tried to play it with out vidix and my whole system crashed !!! :x ) But that’s only in my case (ATI RAGE FURY PRO ViVo card…), With other graphics cards it might work very well…

I hope it helps…

Spyros.

Man, this is one über-well-known program

Yes, it plays DIVX.

it alos plays nearly EVERY OTHER FREAKING format on teh face of the earth. Inclding sorenson quicktime. that’s right, sorenson quicktime.