List of all packed image texture files

Hi,

I have a huge file (+6GB). In the file are a lot of packed texture maps. Is there a way to see all packed texture maps at one place?
The only way I know (so far) to the which textures are packed is in the material node editor. But there you can only the the maps of one material. I would need a way to see all of them at one.

Thanks!

You can see all images in the file in the Outliner in “Blender File” mode:

Not sure how you could filter them by only packed ones though.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I already made it to that point. But could not figure out how to filter them.

It’s trivial to do with Python if a plain list could be helpful:

import bpy

print(*[i.name for i in bpy.data.images if i.packed_file], sep='\n')

You could print the unpacked ones by changing the condition to if i.packed_file is None as well.

You could run that from the Text Editor or just run the second line in the Python Console. It will print to System Console though.

Also just see the Python Console for more. You can hit Tab to see autocomplete options:

You can get all kinds of data about them if you wanted and were prepared to learn a bit about Python.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I’ll have a look at it. Was hoping for a native blender solution. There really should be an option to append models without packing their textures.

Blender’s Python API is native to Blender. :smiley:

If you append assets with packed textures, you should expect them to remain packed. I certainly would. I think it makes sense you would need to unpack them.

What exactly do you need to do? What’s the context? Could you describe the whole situation in more detail? There should be an easy solution, I think. It’s going to be with Python, but, I suspect it shouldn’t be too difficult.

You do not need to pack textures to append models, check your settings to make sure your .blend files are not doing the auto packing during saving.

Hi,
autopacking is turned of. But I’ll do another test to double check.

Thx!

You can just unpack them to see which texture have been packed in the scene if you do not want to use the Python lines.

1 Like