Little cabinet

I made it similar but not perfect looks
Rate it!

Original

My model

Do you know some advises about make your model/render MORE realistic?)

12 Likes

I like it!
In my humble opinion, I think that some imperfections in the bowl textures and a better material on the book would help immensely. Those areas feel too smooth and perfect. Also, the edges seem too sharp - in reality they are slightly rounded. Beveled edges help with breaking that ‘CG look’.
I would recommend that you don’t rotate your camera downward. Vertical edges of the object should be parallel to the edges of the image- that’s how our eyes see.
Hope this helps!
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely more imperfections for the book and bowls. Maybe a bit of noise bump on the wall as well.

The grain on the top and bottom inset of the frame doesn’t go in the right direction, which is really obvious since we can see the top of the cabinet. Even if this is veneer, no cabinet maker would apply it with a cross grain. The grain should run parallel to the top. And your bump is a bit too strong on the inset.

Also, and this isn’t about greater realism per se, but it does draw my eye and feels subtly wrong, so it is related – your cabinet frame isn’t inset equally on all sides. I bet you didn’t apply scale before you did that (been there, done that). :wink:

But it’s overall a nice piece that you could easily polish up.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Cool! Photo that you added, it’s just real photo from internet what i used like reference for my model!)))