Little Grandma

Hello, fellow Blender enthusiasts! I’m excited to present to you my latest 3D character model - a lovely old lady that I made for my showreel.

This project was a lot of fun to work on, as I wanted to create a character that had personality and charm. I started with a basic sketch of the grandma, then I used Blender for the whole process, from sculpt to retopology, from shading to rigging. For some images I also used Photoshop for compositing.
I added more details then in the 2d version, like in hair, clothes, and accessories, to make her more lively and unique.
All the renders are made in Cycles 500 samples (Blender 3.6).

I learned a lot from this project, especially about how to use Blender’s tools and features to achieve the look and feel I wanted. I also enjoyed experimenting with different lighting, poses, and expressions to showcase her character.

I hope you like my 3D grandma and appreciate the effort I put into her. I’d love to hear your feedback, tips, and suggestions.

Thank you for your attention. Happy blending! :smile:

A Character Showcase:

Some sketches:

Other Poses:

10 Likes

Very nice- I love when people add their concept sketches :slight_smile: You executed them very well

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m glad you liked my concept sketches and the final result. Sometimes I sketch out my ideas before I start working on them. It helps me to visualize and refine them better.

1 Like

Great cartoon work! Stylistic touches are really nice

1 Like

Thank you for your generous feedback!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

I’m honored, thank you!

1 Like