Little test of radiosity

(rivenwanderer) #1

Radiosity Room

Just a little test… used the geodesic dome script and radiosity. {I would have learned radiosity sooner if I’d known that you could use the radiosity lighting with an image texture {this picture would benefit from having higher res ones, I know}

Anyways…

(theeth) #2

nice! The soft shading really looks good on the geodesic dome.

Isn’t that the japanese paper lamp you posted in the Q&A some time ago? What happen to the paper side? It looked good with them.

Martin

(S68) #3

Cool,

I like that dome :slight_smile:

Stefano

(stephen2002) #4

since when can you use radiosity with image textures? I thought that it only preserves the material colors.

Of cource, you can always go back through and re-assign the textures later (BIG pain)

Has something changed that I did not know about?

(rivenwanderer) #5

Oops, that’s what I meant :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t realize until a little while ago that you could reassign textures at all!

(theeth) #6

since Blender 2.22 (or 2.20, not sure), material (up to 16) are kept in the final mesh. The 16 material is composed of a list of all the materials present in the solution. If you have over than 16, the list is taken in alphabetical order. Also, a material that appears in two different object is treated as different, so be sure to join them to make sure you don’t loose some materials in the solution. I don’t know if vertex groups are saved, but it would be a good idea to check, because that could stop the separating pain too.

Martin

(belac) #7

good start… just tweak the settings and see what happens… the only way to improve radiosity is to just play around with it.

P<eace><
belac

" i dream in mesh"