Little test of radiosity

Radiosity Room

Just a little test… used the geodesic dome script and radiosity. {I would have learned radiosity sooner if I’d known that you could use the radiosity lighting with an image texture {this picture would benefit from having higher res ones, I know}

Anyways…

nice! The soft shading really looks good on the geodesic dome.

Isn’t that the japanese paper lamp you posted in the Q&A some time ago? What happen to the paper side? It looked good with them.

Martin

Cool,

I like that dome :slight_smile:

Stefano

since when can you use radiosity with image textures? I thought that it only preserves the material colors.

Of cource, you can always go back through and re-assign the textures later (BIG pain)

Has something changed that I did not know about?

Oops, that’s what I meant :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t realize until a little while ago that you could reassign textures at all!

since Blender 2.22 (or 2.20, not sure), material (up to 16) are kept in the final mesh. The 16 material is composed of a list of all the materials present in the solution. If you have over than 16, the list is taken in alphabetical order. Also, a material that appears in two different object is treated as different, so be sure to join them to make sure you don’t loose some materials in the solution. I don’t know if vertex groups are saved, but it would be a good idea to check, because that could stop the separating pain too.

Martin

good start… just tweak the settings and see what happens… the only way to improve radiosity is to just play around with it.

P<eace><
belac

" i dream in mesh"