Live action and CGI (IBL) in Blender 2.8

Hallo everybody,
I am going deeper in Blender (I come from C4D) and now I’d like to approach efficiently to this important argument: Live action and CGI (IBL) in Blender 2.8
To be clear, I mean the complete workflow to render my passes with:

• a Live action background (which could be a still photo or a video);
  • an on location HDRI 360 degree pano (aka, the real HDRI token where the still photo or video were filmed);
  • a shadow catcher, reflections (refractions and caustics) …;
    Again, I don’t mean (at least not for the moment) the successive compositing process. I mean the render process adding CGI to my live action (or Photo) background, lighting the CGI with the original HDRI 360 degree photo token on location.

**Unfortunately, I found some tuts but all of them used a not original HDRI or used the HDRI **
as a photo to illuminate the scene and as a background photo.

Could anyone suggest me some good tutorials to deepen this topic?

Thanks in advantage for a glad reply!

here is a node setup for a 360 hdri with a backplate and wich settings you need for the shaddow catcher

1 Like

Great tischbein3 (und vielen dank!),
I 'm gonna test it as soon as possible and if I some further questions, I’ll add them right here.

Hi again, I forgot to talk about “virtual lighting” workflow to reinforce the original HDRI (IBL) lighting…
I mean, sometimes the original HDRI token in the original location is not enough strong in term of intensity… and it affects above all the shadows who seem too much weak. In these cases, I am usual to create (in C4D) an additive lighting to reinforce the original HDRI lighting. It means to create a virtual Sun, so a light like a sun oriented and placed in the same position of the sun when I token the HDRI. For example, I casually found this Add on: HDRI Sun Aligner and I am gonna to see how it works.
Anyway, I ask if you have further experiences, suggestion and ideas about to reinforce the original HDRI lighting (IBL).
Thanks for a replay!