Lock camera to view is so annoying

[RANT]
So I’m giong through a bunch of old scenes downloaded from blendswap and I frequently don’t notice that “lock camera to view” is enabled. So I rearrange the UI a bit, turn on denoising, look around the scene to see what’s in there. I hit save several times while I’m doing this.

Days or weeks later I go back to a file to make 2 renders, one to see if the latest version of blender produces renders that still look exactly like the old renders, and another one with my own attempt at lighting the scene from scratch.

I can’t make that first render because i accidentally moved the camera and there’s no easy way to get it back so I have to download the file from blendswap all over again just to copy the camera transform values.
[/RANT]

The camera icon in the viewport should have a big red or green or blue lock or link & mouse icon next to it when “lock camera to view” is enabled.

You should also be able to right click the icon to quickly access “lock camera to view”.

3 Likes

Perhaps a solution might be to lock the camera when you imported or openend a file for the first time. You can do that in the Tools panel.
afbeelding

Indeed something like this:

:wink:

2 Likes

Side question: is that an addon, quik sidebar? can you add any button to it?

It’s my homebrew addon and yes any button can be added, or even buttons for custom operators
I was planning to release it, but unfortunately i crowded it with many things that fit my own needs, that might make it look “dirty” for general users.
I should slice it down into pieces and release somewhere in time

1 Like

Its not big enough, beside that i really like it. :grin: Its tinted via alert flag, right?

yes!
20 digits long post

1 Like

Oh, please do. any version or part of it would be very handy. Cant even remember how many times i wanted to add some button in sidebar just for some project.

Here y’all go! Let me know what you think, and thanks for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like