Lock verts

In blender 2.56a (trunk) rev35453 theres a lock verts addon. however that builds dead on old graphicall.

So what happened to this? why is it not in blender now?

I assume 1 of many addons that didn’t make it in the latest revision. You could try to place the .py file in a newer build addon folder, but due to bmesh it might not work

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Modeling”

I dont have the build because I cant download it & cant find the .py anywhere.

I dont understand why it wouldnt be kept in blender. between 2.56 and 2.62 I dont think anything would change to break it.
point was why do people bother writing these addons if blender doesnt bother to include them?

point was why do people bother writing these addons if blender doesnt bother to include them?

It was never an official addon. Maybe the originator didn’t submit it to be included. With those releases there were many chnages going on with the python api. Someone has to maintain that addon, maybe the originator couldn’t be bothered or some other reason why it got dropped.
Blender should not include any old crappily written hack of an addon that may break other areas of blender. Maybe this addon was such a case.