Logitech MX Anywhere 3 (Model: MR0083) mouse - Middle Mouse button not working - 230403

Used to be able to Pan and Orbit. Not sure if this is related to other questions same problem.

Can’t click drag and slide menus anymore either.

it’s REALLY cutting into my productivity.

Blender 3.5 (Mac OS / Catalina)

You can check if Logi Options is updated. I know it has had some recent changes.
If it’s a problem with the mouse wheel going out you can map it to the first side button.

I have MMB map to the first side button regardless. Using your thumb on a non rotating button is more effective IMO. I’ve always thought pushing a rotating wheel for a button was very fiddly anyways.

Every mouse I’ve owned with a depressable MMB gets remapped to another button.

Also on MacOS

Forgive my ignorance.

This is what I’ve currently got and I can’t click drag or Orbit / Pan.

If not here, then where and how do I do what you suggest. The key commands can be easily changed but without knowing exactly what to change, where it is and how (there’s a LOT to choose from - a search engine might be nice). Where exactly do I go to change what you’re suggesting.

Thanks.

Hey no worries. You’ll want to change it in your Logi app. If you haven’t installed the app yet it allows for remapping the buttons on your mouse. The mouse can work without the app but in a limited function.

Couldn’t get it to work. Switched to an old school Logitech USB mouse. That worked. Orbit / Click / Drag - worked.

Looked up the MX Anywhere 3 and found this on the Logitech site:

and this:

I have no idea what the critical difference is between that and Options (I’ve got both Options and Options+ installed).

Niether made much sense to me.

Is your middle mouse broken in other apps or just blender?

Had to reconnect it to try it.

Wheel button works.

Nothing on the top of the mouse (button nor wheel) works (in Blender) as I would like it to, as it has and as I think SHOULD.

Did you make any changes to blender or your system prior to this happening?

Have you tested other mice?

Hmm, that is not true, there is no limitation, I have mx3, it works fine with blender using options+.

Maybe it is a Mac OS issue.

1 Like

To answer both recent responses:

Have I tried any other mouse?

1. “Switched to an old school Logitech USB mouse. That worked.”

That’s not true.

1. I have no idea what went wrong, why it stopped. Something as simple as a usb direct connect fixed it, so much for my $80 mouse. Yours works. Mine for whatever reason(s) doesn’t.