Lone : blender cgi short film

A personal project designed and conceptualized. Tried to achieve Photorealism in blender.

Wind animation on foliage using scatter 5.

Full CGI Created with Blender, Graswald and Scatter 5.

80 Likes

What a wonderful work! Congratulation this is highly impressive

2 Likes

:+1:
Great work, congrats.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you for featuring :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Rly nice!!

Did u use any denoiser in the animation. ?

How long did it take to render out?

1 Like

Yes, used optix denoiser. The samples where different for each scenes. For interiors the sample count was around 2000, since denoiser was producing a lot of artifacts which you can still see in the interior shots. Exterior shots used around 200 samples. Every frame took around 2-3 minutes to render. Whole project took around 3-4 weeks including rendering.

1 Like

Great work, I would suggest only few things.

Try to improve the rendered quality on some places, because now its quite obvious during the animation that some sequences are low res, including noise and glitches, Others are like real.
Slow, is always good for architecture.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions :+1:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

You could submit this work to the Girona Film Festival that has opened a Blender specific submission this year…https://www.gironafilmfestival.com/

1 Like

Beautiful and believable environment. Only one thing to mention, is the plants do look somehow staggered. Looks almost like some motion effect is going on, only one this part of the render.
Maybe rotate some more or do not copy the same elment in the same spot.

1 Like

Will take a look at it. Thanks

Thank you for the ccomments. :+1:

amazing !

I wish blender integrates free vegetation scatter machine in the core app^^

Anyway, congratz for this wonderfull scene :smiley:

Happy blending !

1 Like

Thank you.

:clap::clap::clap:…wished it rained too in the scene :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

1 Like

Nice.

Three things.

1. I would use some DOF

2. I would use a bit of Motion Blur

3. Most of your animations - camera and plants - use Bezier Interpolation, meaning that they start motionless, get faster until their speed peaks and then they get slower and stop.
    Now, maybe it is intended in this film and I didn’t get it but generally for stuff like this you would use linear interpolation so that it looks like you grabbed a short piece out of a recorded camera pan, truck or whichever movement you are using. Don’t accellerate and decellerate your cameras and esspecially not the trees and leaves just leave them at a constant speed.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the comments. This was one of my first animation. The ‘Bezier interpolation’ was not at all my intention, That was a mistake. There are a lot of things which I could have done differently for this one, but thought I’ll correct them in my next animation. I really appreciate your keen eyes. Do let me know more if you notice anything else.

Not much else. It’s a lovely clip. :smiley:

1 Like