Looking for a Python Coder to tweak the COA tools plugin; Need a quote.

Hi!

I’m looking for a quote on a Python coding task. This is to branch COA tools to have a couple of features on par with other cut out tools on the market. The benefit of this is you’d not only get paid, but people everywhere can see and make use of your hard work.

I’m an individual, and not made of money, so we may not be able to get every task done. But I mean to pay anyone I work with fairly even if we only work together for a couple of hours!

I need someone who understands how to manipulate shadergraphs via python code. Someone who knows about the meta data involed with Json files similar to that use in Creature or DragonBones. If you have experience updated older addons that’s a bonus. It’s nice if you also know C#, because if we work well together, it might be good to explore custom COA runtime support for Unity.

It’s not currently urgent. That being said, the sooner the better.

The most up to date branch is here:

kreezii/coa_tools: COA Tools is a 2D Animation Suite for blender. It offers a 2D cutout animation workflow similar to programs like spine or spriter. (github.com)

The primary objective:

Additive and Multiply blend modes for cut out objects via a toggle that would swap shader graph setups to the appropriate combinations. Doesn’t have to animate. I can provide you GUI mockup, and help you find the shader combinations to get additive and multiply based shading.

The secondary objective:

Set up the export function to transfer these blend modes into the dragonbones format.
This runtime Json format should be compatible with unity 2018 and it’d be nice if it worked with unity 2021, but currently non-essential.

Lesser goal:

-Update COA tools so that they work with Blender 3.5. This is so that we can make use of more new animation features and addons.

We can potentially discuss more jobs as it becomes possible to fund. If things go well, I might want to try and create a funding platform to keep things going. Future goals may include a custom COA tools format that bring back the third axis to allow for easier animation of 2.5 effects, but this would require C#.

Your work may appear in a number of places like Github with your credits in the info.

The budget is around a few hundred AUD, but I’d pay your hourly rate, so with a detailed enough quote you can get what you can out of me. Please IM me your info, your quote and roughly how long it’ll take per item. With that info I know for sure just how much of what you can do is affordable, and I’ll keep this in mind any remaining items for when more funding comes in.

Even if there’s only one of those tasks you can do, feel free to let me know your price.

Kind regards,

Simon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.