Looking for a Rigger for my masters film

Hey,

I’m an animation student and filmmaker from Germany. Working on a short film called “The Flowerpot Monster: Fake News”, which is my Masters Project.
Currently, I’m looking for a rigger to join.

The most important rig would be a custom creature rig including crazy cartooney functionalities. Eyes becoming 3 metres long, extremely flexible eyelids, flexible pupils, several IK/FK switchable body parts… I do have some rigging expertise, but rigging is not what I do best. I would love to hand it to someone who’s more into it. Best would be if you’d be searching for a portfolio piece. The rig is gonna be central to the entire film and there will be several minutes of animation using it.

The film is the second installment of my little “Flowerpot Monster” series:

The new film will look very different from the rather photoreal stuff you can see from the previous one.

Hit me up via instagram or here. I will send our Show Bible to convey what we’re aiming for.

Kind Regards from Cologne,
Dasepure

1 Like

In my time, you had to work on your Master’s thesis completely independently without outside help. (and certainly not have parts of it done by other people).

As with many creative fields of study, my degree is splitted into a project and a thesis. I need to create my share of the project. And I need to write the thesis all on my own, exactly as you stated. Splitting the work makes sense in fields like movies, where the work of art is a collective effort. For example, there were dozens of students involved in my bachelor project, a live-action short film, where I handled the cinematography. The work of the cinematographer was my part, even though other people handled all the other departments.

I hope this is enough explanation and I can continue looking for a team member.

By now, I figured most of it out myself. Not my field to be honest, but works out.

You can see some of it here: