Looking For Experienced Blender Consultant, Mentor - Paid Gig For The Right Person

I’m looking for help creating accurate 3D models of vintage aircraft from multiple photographs and other data.

Similar to this process: Recreating Geometry of a Forgotten WWI Fighter

I need help understanding what he is doing and how to replicate his process from the beginning. I have zero Blender experience. I do have a lot of experience with Rhino CAD and I am a quick learner.

If you are interested in this project and fully understand his process, this would be an opportunity to make some money.

Shoot me an email at: [email protected]

Thanks

1 Like

I think, from the tutorial you share, it is trying to fit a model to a photograph. I look complex because beside modeling, it tries to match a set of images with different distortion perfectly. I think using a blueprint would work better. Other than that, the modeling part is quite straightforward.

2 Likes

Hi Gart

There is no blueprints that has survived of many aircraft from 1918. The whole point is to create a detailed, accurate 3D model from photographs in order to make blueprints.

The process utilizes multiple photographs to create and ultra accurate 3D model.

His accuracy using his process is roughly 1 to 2cm for the major geometry, which is pretty amazing.

More information on his photo matching technique:

Sorry for the late reply,

I understand that technically the modeling part just need to be more accurate. But it won’t be much different than simple poly modeling or using Boolean.
The custom solutions would be the ones that need a lot of tweaking. Finding all the photos. Using tools like fspy to maybe solve the perspective. But I see you want to use multiple photos with different distortion.

I see the reference tutorial you got is already very clear and the tricky part is figuring out the image source properties and somehow recreate the set-up of how the picture is taken. Using that info to place and set the camera to view a neutral model to match with the image.

I guess it is already the best method. Model roughly based on gathered images - better drawing a simple blueprint first. Then do the camera matching thing to adjust the proportion. Simple goal, but not simple to be done.

1 Like