Looking for muscle tutorial

I’m working on a project (my first character model) and I’ve worked out the base body. However, I’m starting to add the details and for the life of me I can’t find a tutorial to define muscles. I’m not looking for muscle simulation/animation tutorials (which is all I can seem to find). What I’m looking for is a tutorial on how to actually define the muscles. Would anyone happen to have one handy?

What I’m looking for is a tutorial on how to actually define the muscles.

There are several way to “model” muscles form using reference image. Make rough form out of limited number of vertex and smooth it out with sub surf modifier. Or, sculpt it and use retopology.

I’m essentially a mimic if I watch someone else I can apply the process. As it stands currently using the rough form you mentioned the muscles are coming out bizarre.

Hey Zanthus!!

On of my favorite books for muscular anatomy is one of Scott Spencer’s books. It’s definitely worth picking up and looking over. Though it’s for Zbrush, it’s still the same basics in Blender. I’m sure there’s YouTube tutorials on sculpting muscles. Don’t limit yourself to just Blender tuts, a lot of practices can be applied to almost any 3D application. Hope that helps a little!!