Looking to commission abstract 3d "glitch" art

I am an individual looking to commission some abstract 3d art. I am not exactly sure how 3d art works, but I think this job would mainly require texturing pre-existing models using “decimation”, “displacement” and “wireframe” modifiers and then rendering artistic portraits from various angles. Ideally, the final project would look like professionally rendered artistic portraits/stills showcasing the abstract 3d model from different angles and perspectives.

This is flexible and there is no deadline for this project. Ideally, I am looking for someone with experience (or portfolio samples) creating similar abstract 3d art. I am of course willing to pay good money for the commission.

Here are some more details about the project.

The artwork I am looking to have created is an abstract digital ancient Greek statue (the base model can be taken from an open source repository such as ScanTheWorld). Approximately one half of the model would look like a normal smooth, white marble statue; however, the other half of the statue would gradually “break up” or “decimate” into a progressively lower resolution, randomized and decimated low-poly wireframe mesh.

The idea is that the edges of the photorealistic marble statue texture, gradually dissolving and transitioning into these lower resolutions revealing the model’s wireframe mesh, makes it look as if the marble statue is in various stages of the process of being “loaded”, “generated”, or “rendered” out of a low-poly wireframe mesh or “neural network.” In other words, ideally the model would not appear to just be fading into a wireframe mesh, but rather as if the model itself is actually breaking up into lower resolutions, revealing the hollow wireframe mesh structure out of which the model is actually constituted at the microscopic, pixelated level. Half of the model would appear smooth and pristine like an ancient Greek marble statue, but the lower-resolution decimated wireframe side would emphasize that the statue is not real, but rather that the object is actually being digitally generated out of a network of data points/information.

The image would evoke both the feel of an ancient marble sculpture but also digital technology and artificial intelligence, representing a blending of the ancient and the new, restoring and recreating ancient art through the novelty of modern technology. The model would be minimalist, mainly just shades of white marble, shadows and definition of the marble, and white mesh over a black background.

3D art is alien to me, so I’ve been having a hard time looking for the right artists who make art like this. Please reach out if this is something you might be interested in or if you know or can recommend any artists that do this kind of abstract 3d artwork. I am very excited to hear from you!

While none of these capture the exact style I’m going for, here are some inspiration/reference styles and photos. The closest to what I want is the first image - imagine if one half of the first image was textured/rendered like the marble statue in the second image, kind of like the layout/arrangement of the third image!

3 Likes

You might want to reach out to Midge Sinnaeve for this (as you even post one of his artworks as a reference for what you mean :slight_smile: ). What you described is a big chunk of the art he does and he does it amazingly ! I’m sure you can find contact to him on line - just google his name and it’ll popup. (By the way I’m just preparing to release an interview with him on my podcast Subsurface Talks that we recorded some days ago - if you or anyone is interested.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.