Looking to Improve upon my see through underwear

Hi all,

I have been trying to get a dynamic see-through underwear to look similar to the image in the top right of my blender workflow.

Change bottom left window to viewport render, and hit spacebar to start the animation. it should auto bake the dynamic paint.

Can anyone give some tips and or make do something to my file to improve the underwear to look more realistic. I have spent hours on this and I dont know what else to try! I think it looks ok, but nothing even close to the quality of the image.

Link to .blend file

Thank you,
Toxs

The first thing I did was to delete 50% of your material nodes…
They don’t add to what I think you are doing…

Not sure what you planned on for the dynamic paint as you didn’t reference the attribute in the shaders… I prefer to use an image sequence and not vertex as it is far easier to set up, at least for what I think you were doing…so I left that out of the shader as it is easy enough to add back in… just make sure to use an attribute node and reference it properly by name…

The shrinkwrap is optional…I added it as I didn’t see most of your modifiers contributing to the image…easy enough to delete it…
I also got rid of the double faces around the leg holes as backface culling wouldn’t work in this case and it was too large an area. It also messed with the transparency…
I also think the lighting needs some adjustment, I did connect the image to the emissive but with the sun in its position, it still casts a shadow on the figure…

The file is HERE >>>>

Just an idea:

Because wet cloth coming in contact to some other object is more see-through-ish then when not… it might be worth a thought to use some Geometry Proximity Node to change the material properties where the contact is approaching.

Edit: well the geometry should be somehow changed for this ( some fold/wringles)… but the idea works…

Ah yes… a subdiv at least…

…now controlling the wetness/see-thorough… with this…