Looping simulation - possible?

Is it possible to loop ocean sim and cloth sim (flag flapping in the wind continuously) ?
How can I do that in Blender 3.4.1 ?
Thanks

There’s a (bit tedious) way to do it with bones and baking animation like explained here, maybe there’s another way?

Edit: In your other question I show how to convert Cloth to Shapekey, so it may work for some simulations but probably not all

1 Like

When I loop smoke animations I usually render out the simulation and then morph together the simulation in post. It depends on the kind of software you use and your level of experience with it, I agree with @moonboots about the very tedious nature of looping simulations but it’s always worked for me in the past

1 Like

For smoke I guess you could even mix 2 simulations in the scene if you play with transparency so that you go from one to the other

1 Like

Anything rendered is relatively easy - I’d just cut sequence in half and swap it, then blend the first and last frames are are now in the middle of the sequence.
But for geo it’s a bit less straight forward, especially when it’s a sim and not baked frames.
I can’t have bones - it has to be shape keys as model format for the game engine doesn’t support bones.