Love VSE

Not sure if this is the right area for the VSE, but here I go.

I’ve been making Youtube videos for the last year, and have tried out at least 3 other free editing programs out there with mixed success. In the end there’d always be something that would get in the way of me getting my work done. One by one I’d abandon them which left me wondering what I was going to do. I recalled that many years ago I used Blender’s editor for a project at work, and it did the job well enough. So I decided to give the VSE another go.

All I want to say is thank you, I’m loving editing with the VSE. It’s fast, easy to use, and intuitive. I know it’s probably not up to snuff compared to some other Pro editing software, but for editing my Youtube videos, it rocks!

I’m so glad to hear that the VSE is getting some developer love as well. I look forward to seeing how things grow. If anyone working on the VSE would like me to test something out, I’d be happy to be your guinea pig.

Keep up the good work.
M
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8rxxA0QQ4bfOmgOwyiuN7Q

2 Likes

I’m somewhat of the same opinion. Especially for quick edits the VSE is great. Although I also use Resolve quite a bit.
Anyways, since the support forum are more geared toward questions about Blender and this is more of “random praise” :wink: I’m moving the thread to General /Off Topic.

2 Likes

VSE is maybe not for all editing jobs but it is really quick and nice to use. At work I used premiere or ae to put together my image sequences to movies and done edits for the final animation. Then I tried using VSE and I could load, setup and render out my image sequences faster then it takes for premiere or ae to startup. My last animation I did the whole edit in VSE so fast and simple. Love it!

2 Likes

I agree that is very useful and efficient. However there is still some room left improvement. I heard that some developers are working on it but so far nothing has been said about how the project will go.

Yes, the fact that I can just combine an image sequence into a clip with a couple of clicks and implement a fade or two instead of having open a separate program is very useful.

1 Like

Yep, especially image sequence stuff is what I love VSE for. Either you want to split a video up or render images into video I don’t know of another program that feels so light on this.

1 Like

yep!!! So true for that!

1 Like