Low Poly Floating islands +TIMELAPSE

I couldn’t stop myself drom doing this so here it is. 40 minutes production time and 400 samples in cycles like always.
Here’s the awesome TIMELAPSE

I like that you decided to do a more or less original style for this scene (that is, not using Minecraft to make the scene).

I could see you mixing in the Cycles toon shaders to a degree to increase the stylization while keeping a somewhat realistic shading.

The only critique I have is that the water meshes may be overlapping the islands to a degree, but other than that it looks like you did a good job.

I’ll have to take a look at that. Sounds interesting.

I love simple styles like this going all the way to down to voxel work. seeing the contrast between this and some of the amazing photo real that Blender is not producing just shows how amazing the software has become.

the time lapse is really good as well, I could learn so much from it as a wanna be modeller! I will be watching this more than once I am sure!!!

Thanks jarope. i’m really glad I helped someone learn.
The blend file for this is on Blendswap too. Check it out if you want. http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/69708

I saw this on Blend Swap, watched the timelaps, didn’t download the blend. Watching the was you worked was very interesting, I’ll need to try the more organic approach :slight_smile: