Low Poly River in Rocks

Another time contributing to low poly style.
The rocks were sculpted with Blender (2 times - first I created a part of the landscape, sculpted it and then extruded base of sculpted mesh and sculpted the rest. Just because there wasn’t any plan and I didn’t really know what I’m creating).
The rocks use simple material which consists from several color stops by Gradient texture driven with Relfection texture coordinates.
The rocks material is mutliplied with baked AO.
Cycles render engine used and post-processing done with compositing nodes.

I’m not sure way, but this did catch me off guard. I love it, the atmosphere gives a special vibe to this renders. Furthermore the water seems to be moving, which I find astonishing since most low-poly renders can get that done. Well done and keep this up!

I’m not sure way, but this did catch me off guard. I love it, the atmosphere gives a special vibe to this renders. Furthermore the water seems to be moving, which I find astonishing since most low-poly renders can get that done. Well done and keep this up!

I simply love it. It has a really good atmosphere and the water seems to be moving, which is astonishing considering the low-poly stuff. I would love to see more of such renders.

Really cool!! And I agree with Joarn about the water, have you used the fluid simulation for it? I have an other question: what do you mean for “The rocks and water materials are mutliplied with baked AO” ?

@Joarn, thanks for you kind words. I’m going to look into low poly style, however a bit further on. I’ll see when I’m able to create something of this style.
@moronik thank you for your feedback. The water is a subdivided cube mesh which was sculpted and decimated (as well as the rest of the scene). Regarding AO I meant that I baked ambient occlusion map for mesh (and now I know how useful is to use LightMap Pack UV map for that) and mulptiplied it with the rest of material with MixRGB node set to Mulptiply. I should have also added that water mesh doesn’t have AO map as was written above; for some reason I thought it does.

An interesting and very attractive choice to use the meshes un-Smoothed, it definitely contributes to the overall visual style. I get a strong feeling of a smaller-than-reality fantasy world from the images posted. Good lighting choices and a well-knit color palette.

I’d be interested in seeing a few different environmental props with different Low Poly stylization, but with less noise, smooth for painting. Do you have any Humanoid/Animal-based models currently?

Regards,
K_Dev