Lozzy: the Sheriff

A Quick(ish) mix of realtime and blender hair assets: taken from the epic concepts of Raul Moreno Coslado.

More works and tutorials: https://linktr.ee/Thivolan3d

We see a depiction of Lozzy the outlaw approaching a town, shotgun in hand, ready for action… His new badge gleams in the sunset as he walks maniacally towards the townspeople; he has no fear as the sheriff and marshals tombstones are a reminder of a now bygone scene…

I made use of a few renders to showcase the lighting of the sunset and also some cooler colours in the shadows; i quite like the scenes taken from the Sopranos where Tony (the lead) is put in questionable dealings; the lighting is full of contrast and suspense. My render isnt as crazy as ive taken some lighting ideas from the batman and john wick as well.

I have also made use of Blenders new hair node setup which has been made easier thanks to the drag and drop modifiers and node setups. Everything else was raw sculpted in ZBrush…

I quite like the outlaw and western setting of the original concept but seeing as it was quite open to interpretation i went with the crazy outlaw version; there are few things i changed like the background story and some smaller areas that add to that but i think it works!

6 Likes

I love seeing illustrations brought to life in 3D. Well done! :cactus:

1 Like

Thanks LMalachi! Always cool to learn from a 2d master!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks again, Bart!

1 Like