Luis Pablo's Sketchbook

Planet!

4 Likes

2 Likes

Fun!! Could you show the full node setup for it, because I was trying to make a plant, but I couldn’t get distinct continents.

1 Like

I finally have a computer powerful enough to get caustics!

3 Likes

Fun with caustics!

1.45 minutes per frame, 64 frames, rendered on 3070 laptop gpu

2 Likes

I was trying to make procedural spaceships but it appears I’ve made them inflatable XD

3 Likes

This is the full shader node setup so far:

Fully procedural, based off of a height map from the mesh and some noise textures with color ramps. Pretty basic so far, planning to add some more details later.
The way I made the mesh is with an icosphere with some displacement and subdiv modifiers, coupled with a water plane sphere XD
One of the displacements is larger, which makes the continents, and the smaller one adds more details.

2 Likes

sorry “planet”

1 Like

Yup, got that :wink:

Got Regular, woohoo!

5 Likes

Great Job!!

1 Like

Playing around with blackbodies, thinking on doing a gold casting animation

4 Likes

Reference:

WIP Character:

3 Likes

Epic amount of fluffyness! :smiley:

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist myself, I’m making another :joy:
Black hole #18

2 Likes

Linking to a very good paper on black hole rendering:
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0264-9381/32/6/065001/meta#artAbst

1 Like

Accretion disk shader:

2 Likes

how many nodes do you need for a black hole? Also, is another one really necessary :rofl: :thinking:

1 Like

A few dozen for the accretion disk shader(s) (pictured above), and a few dozen more for the distortion setup

Well no XD but I’m a bit obsessed (partially because of my neurodivergency) and I wanted to improve on it one last time
I’m rendering out an animation now, should be finished in about two or three hours

2 Likes

Excited to see it, tho probably tomorrow :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like