M7 Sub Machine Gun (Halo SMG)

I just started to model the SMG from Halo, and I am looking for tips on what to improve before I render an HD Video of it.

Any tips would help.

Attachments

nice render …

the muzzle opening is too tiny … but i guess thats how the it looks… :slight_smile:

also, the base of the handle and the butt should (almost) fall on one line …

here’s a cool reference i found in the bungie website …

Attachments

The first image you have is the silenced SMG From Halo ODST/2Vista, the second one is the one from Halo 2/3 and that’s the one I was going for. If you look closely you can see that the butt can extend or be brought in like what they have in ODST, mine is extended. As for the muzzle size I based it off the 5mm design(Attached).

I based the colors off this one.

Thanks for the feedback!

Attachments

Looking very cool, has inspired me to make an m4, I just made a new thread on it, it is almost finished :smiley:

Sweet, it looks like it will be good.

oh nice youre using blueprints, (i didnt know about the extendable butt :stuck_out_tongue: ) … cool … it just looked weird in the third thumbnail… nice work though …

It looks really nice,a lot of detail there.One thing I would add is a bit of bevel at the edges of the gun,because they are a bit too sharp right now.(I guess this is only for a video,not a game right?)

I rendered out a video, here is the youtube link.

Looks great, very good modeling job. A few things, though:

1. like clewer said, the edges would look better beveled

2. the things that I have highlighted in red are supposed to be recessed, not protruding (see attached image)

Attachments