Mac: M3 - *Hardware accelerated RT (Part 1)

You’re actually highlighting the awesomeness of the SSGI branch. :slight_smile:
The reflections on the floor and ceiling are more in line with an older cycles render that I took more time to set up the portals correctly; even more so on the windows frames.

You can see that the floor and ceiling bounces with the SSGI branch more accurately match the Cycles image minus that I had removed a lot of the saturation of the HDRI in the Cycles render, making the bounce more white. If it was the same saturation those floor and ceiling bounces would be yellow too.

Are the object reflections exact? No, that’s one of the thing I agree that reflections across the entire image are better in Cycles.

Honestly none of the renders Eve or Cycles are accurate. this room would look completely different lite only by the sun at sunset :stuck_out_tongue:, but like I said I’m not a lighting expert or an environment designer. :slight_smile:

I’ll re-post one more comparison, as to not take the tread off track, of the SSGI on and SSGI OFF along with an older Cycles render at a different angle, and then link to another thread.

Is Eevee, Cycles? No. But like I said it’s getting harder to tell, and usually it takes a 3D artist to point out the differences.
And I’ve got to admit in Cycles that where the windows double up from sliding them open, it’s looks waaaaay better. :drooling_face:

Eevee SSGI OFF

Eevee SSGI ON

Cycles

2 Likes