Mac: M3 - *Hardware accelerated RT (Part 1)

That is very small Cinebench R23 score for Intel i9-11980HK, that MSI is probably capped.

40w for that Cinebench muti score in Mac is wonderful for noise.

has a video about viewport rendering if the 14 Max in cinema 3d

1 Like

A bit strange as blender on OSX does not support GPU rendering at the moment also if I am not mistaken blenderbench is still rosetta2?

So I am not sure if these values are even relevant.

1 Like

There is a ‘PC’ mark so for sure something is wrong here.

yes something is.

is still rosetta and there is no GPU select. I just tried it on my M1 Air

That is strange too… mine takes 357 sec woot ? I am on Monterey RC so who knows if that matters.

Most likely it’s just benchmarks for the CPU and the new MBP just showing what it’s new CPU is capable of.

There is something serious Fake News with that ridiculous GPU values for PC’s

My Lenovo 5800H + RTX 3060

BMW27 CPU: 3m06seconds
BMW27 GPU: 15 seconds

1 Like

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, or how relevant it will be for Blender performance:

https://twitter.com/andysomerfield/status/1452623920721448963

5 Likes

Anandtech:
„The chips here aren’t only able to outclass any competitor laptop design, but also competes against the best desktop systems out there, you’d have to bring out server-class hardware to get ahead of the M1 Max – it’s just generally absurd.”

4 Likes

You get a pretty darn good performance laptop for less than the current price of a 3090 if you go with the 14 in Pro. I am curious to see how the Max model performs against something like a 3090 on the GPU front.

I am also hoping that these new Apply products will drive the price of current Nvidia GPUs lower.

2 Likes

And it is a lie, seems the media is increasing their reputation as content creators of fake news.

You’re so funny…

So my 1100 euro laptop is

server-class hardware to get ahead of the M1 Max

?

No. It is 1100 euro laptop.

1 Like

Following the media narrative should not be able to compete in performance with M1 Max…

Depends on the app. Read the post above with the twitter link from the actual developer of Infinity photo/design.

“The M1Max is the fastest GPU we have ever measured in the affinitybyserif Photo benchmark. It outperforms the W6900X - a $6000, 300W desktop part - because it has immense compute performance, immense on-chip bandwidth and immediate transfer of data on and off the GPU (UMA).”

The developers at Blackmagic Design are making some pretty big claims too.

Why is it so hard to believe? Is it that card makers have had us believing that dGPU are the only way? Does everyone think optimization is just a catch phrase unless it’s with their favorite hardware? cough Optix

2 Likes

…. continued.
All the developers that are now writing an ARM port of their app aren’t looking for clicks when they post stuff like “10X speed boost for ARM version” - Adobe, what they are saying is, Holy F-ing $Hlt who knew?

Elucidative that you pin on me what the cited Anandtech quote is doing. An all encompassing affirmation. That i negate its validity.
My not top of the line laptop - not even a top gaming laptop and far from pro laptop and even more from desktop server grade -can beat Mac Max in performance in some relevant content creation apps benchmarks.
If you only read that Anandtech quote you will not believe it is possible.

I am surprised to see that it is so hard for people to accept that Apple’s SoC can deliver for media work amazing results compared to the common CPU + GPU on a motherboard via PCI.

CPU to CPU the M1 chip might be weaker but when doing media work with the neural engine and build-in encoders what counts is the speed in the end.

I mean look at the issue Intel and AMD face hardware-wise to move forward. They reached technological limits.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s very true, and that’s why I said it depends on the App. :nerd_face: