Maggot Therapy

This is my latest artwork “Maggot Therapy”. There’s many hand drawn elements in it and some simple low poly models. Most time was spent perfecting the materials/shaders. The maggots were animated and created with Geonodes.

Here is a little showcase with some close ups on YouTube

46 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Good art piece! Love the colors and shapes. Also, what is this supposed to represent?

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I don’t like to completely explain the artwork because I think most of the value of art (at least of my artworks) comes from the act of interpretation and how it might mean something different for people with different backgrounds/experience/values.

But I can say that it shows giant maggots coming out of the New York Stock Exchange Building and Wikipedia has this to say about maggot therapy: “Maggot therapy (also known as larval therapy) is a type of biotherapy involving the introduction of live, disinfected maggots (fly larvae) into non-healing skin and soft-tissue wounds of a human or other animal for the purpose of cleaning out the necrotic (dead) tissue within a wound (debridement), and disinfection.”

1 Like

Nice!!! And it’s quite refreshing to see original artwork here on BA. So often the featured works are “inspired by” or outright copies of 2D work of others. Keep it up Steffen! More art please!

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t really like to copy other artist’s works too much. It is a great way to improve, of course, and I guess that’s why we see a lot of posts that are inspired by something that already exists. But I don’t have a lot of time for art so I try to make each work stand on its own.

1 Like