Make Viewport a Render Window

Hi all,
I’m very new to Blender. I’ve tried it numerous times, and am just now starting to grasp it! I get the feeling I may grow to love this program!

I have split the 3D viewport into a couple windows, and I would like one window to be designated as the render window. Can I do this? It would be nice to have my renders show up there instead of the popup window. I had a screenshot but I’m having trouble with my Net connection so it isn’t uploading correctly.

Thank you so much in advance!

This might help

press F10 and go to the render buttons, under the button that says ‘save buffers’ is a menu you can choose between-
render window (default)
image editor
or full screen (this is the one you might want, it displays the rendering in the blender window)

Someone else might know a better way though.

Good luck with blender, im sure you will grow at love it.

Is there any way to specify which window is switched to an image editor when rendering? The grid in the render button panel doesn’t seem to do it. I have 3 windows and want to force the image editor render into one of the smaller ones, but it always renders in the main window.

if you leave on continously the render window the renering time this will slow down blender so much that yuo want be able to work normally with it

so i don’t think it’s a good idea to have it on all the time

SAluations

This may not be what you’re looking for, but if one of your 3d viewport windows is set to the active camera view, you can SHIFT-P inside that viewport to get a preview. Quite helpful if I want to see the overall composition with textures and lighting but don’t want to wait for big renders.

It’s a little kludgy but this works:
Split off a window and make it a UV/Image editor window.

In the Render panels (F10) Output tab, open the menu at the bottom and select Image Editor.

Render once. Your 3D window will change to an image editor window as you’ve seen.

Open the menu at the bottom of the UV/Image editor window you created and select Render Result. This is the key step. Now all renders will appear there. You can switch the other window back to a 3D view now, and it will stay that way.

I’m sure there must be a simpler way or order to do this, but it does work.

Thanks for that tip.

Sweet, thanks for all the tips! I just fired up Blender so I’ll give these a try