MakeHuman 1.0 alpha 1 ready to download!

To like CG don’t mean like ALL CG.
In example I hate to model building and cars.
It can happen that you work for an architect’s studio and he ask you to model a building in 4 days. Well, you can do it using a general purpose application (if you are enough skilled and quick…very quick…), modeling each little piece by hand, but probably you prefer to use a specialized CAD, so you have time to sleep and eat.

Well…if you work for a game industry, or CG media industry, it can happen the same for game characters, or movie characters…

Not only. To be skilled in CG don’t mean to be skilled in ALL CG. Each artist has some preferred themes. In example I hate to models building and cars, but I like to model humans. Can happen the contrary: a skilled artist has modeled a fantastic motorcycle, and now he need to put some people near it…but he hate to model people…

Not only. MH is opened to not expert CG artist that want have fun with organic modeling (in example creating quickly an avatar).

Not only. It can happen a 2D artist need a 3D character for an illustration.

Not only: we are working on a facial reconstruction from photo. This open a lot of possibilities.

Because this reply start a new page, a repete here the announce:

we have just opened a site dedicated to modeling/texturing tasks.

Please, take a look: http://sites.google.com/site/makehumanartists/Home

Regards,

Manuel

does it include the exoport to blender at this stage
does not seem to work ?

Thanks

It’s hidden, because not fully tested yet.
Using EKEY it save export.obj, export.mtl and export.bvh. You can find them in the same folder where is the makehuman executable.

Regards,

Manuel

i tried the E key but nothing seems to be happening

do you have to go into folder mode before

can you explain please

is this indicated somehwere in the Doc included may be !

i check the console and get this message after e key

< 101, u ,‘e’ >

don’t know if it means anything to you ?

sorry cannot show a pic here

Thanks

Press E key in modelling “home” mode (the default when you start MH). Then go in your makehuman folder (where is makehuman.exe) and look for export.obj, export.mtl and export.bvh.

Hi Manuel

congratulations for the new Makehuman release :cool: !

one thing … is the makehuman base mesh “water prove” ( closed mesh ) ?
i am asking because i know from earlier versions that this was not the case .
for volumetric shaders like the new one in Blender ( and also for other render engines ) a closed mesh is needed to work properly … if sombody want to creat a sss skin with volumetric shader , he will have problems with the makehuman mesh if it is not a closed mesh …
I know that the base mesh is still in “progress” but i guess that adding faces or vertex are not planed … right ?
in the case that the makehuman base mesh has open parts and they will not be modified ( closed) … a good thing would be to include a vertex group indicating the open parts of the base mesh … so the user can find them more easy and close them if he plans to use a advanced volumetric medium shader

is this possible ?

best wishes for the makehuman project !

Greetings Patrick

ok i can see the different files you named in makehuman folder
but then what do you do with theses
are theses to be loaded and executed in blender or makehuman ?

sorry never use it before and not explain in doc!

Thanks

Thanks for suggestion.
The mesh actually is not waterproof, because mouth, eyes, ears and nose.

Ears and nose can be closed easily, but eyes and mouth require to add new verts (and then updated all targets). Can you better explain the problems with the mesh not waterproof?

@RickyBlender: Blender file -> import -> wavefront obj

and, optionally, you can import bvh for the skeleton.

ok got the import model into blender

so this means that when e-key it will always save into the same file name
you cannot set a specific name for this export !

now in blender i can see the model but it’s grey-
now in F9 there is a uv map
ok i;m not yet very good with UV mapping can you explain how i can activate this UV mapping in blender

Thanks

Hi Manuel

the problem of a not “watertight” closed mesh is that it will not work properly with a volume shader like the one that is being implemented for Blender
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Broken/VolumeRendering

this type of advanced shader also exist in other render engines ( Maxwell , Indigo and others ) and the requirement to work properly is a “watertight” mesh … i know that there are other solutions … but for a physically accurate approach a volume shader is very interesting … so a watertight mesh is needed … or at least a way to know where the openings are to be able to close them ( vertex group ) ( the best solution would be a good watertight makehuman base mesh … but i guess this would need a lot of rework of the already created targets … right ? )

Greetings Patrick

I hope this one works well with Aqsis. I can’t get makehuman to render stuff and the console O thing doesn’t work on the 0.91 rc1 >_>

The website’s giving me some firewall concerns. Malicious Javascript Encoder 5. High risk. Anyone else getting this?

Is there any version for linux 64 bit there? I seem to not find it on the site.

AVG goes into alarm when trying to access the site with a “link to known exploit site (type 663)”

avast is throwing up a trojan warning also and aborting connection

A watertight mesh is also needed for Boolean operations, for 3D printing, or anything else that depends on a clear distinction between inside and outside. It’s a Good Thing.

Best wishes,
Matthew

clamwin, norton, and avast also sending red flags about entering the site…I guess there is a trojan. I AM NOT CERTAIN THOUGH, so do not quote me…just be cautious. I consider it to be a trustworthy site, so I do not know what the issue is.

No worries, JustinBarret. You are correct.
I’m putting this here also;
Apparently both the MH site and 3dsk has been attacked. What I find interesting though, is that this happened now just a couple of days after one of the MH videos on youtube was removed because of a complaint claiming it to be offensive… The anti-nipple war is on I guess.

I talked to Manuel earlier, and he says; " a malicius code was added on all index.* of makehuman site. It was a troyan that has “infected” the PC of our users.
The infection is very low, because it’s just a portion of code into the cached html
but it’s sufficient to warn all our users"
He was working yesterday to resolve the issue, and hopefully things should be back to normal now. Please give some feedback if there still are problems.

“Anyway tell them it was not a dangerous virus. Cleaning the cache will remove it.
it was just an hacker attack probably similar to one to 3d.sk”

Those wondering why there have been no updates since the virus/haker incident…it is possibly because of them creating a new blog.
Here is the new link.